Welcome to the Mental Health Allied Health Clinical Supervisor Database.
This database is designed to assist mental health allied health clinicians to find a suitable clinical supervisor.
Clinical supervisors listed in the database have asserted that they meet the minimum criteria for inclusion in the database. These criteria, developed through wide consultation, are:
- They have at least 3 years’ experience in a mental health designated role
- They accept the underlying principles of Victorian Allied Health Clinical Supervision Framework
- They have attended clinical supervision training or can demonstrate equivalent clinical supervision experience and expertise
- They currently receive consistent continuous clinical supervision, and this has been in place at a minimum of 1 year
- Registration or membership requirement:
- Disciplines regulated by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), require current AHPRA registration
- Social Workers must be members of or eligible for membership with Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Other disciplines must be registered with or eligible to be registered with the National Alliance of Self-Regulating Health Professions (NASRHP)
Supervisors applying to be listed on the CMHL public database attest that they agree to abide by their own service's policies and procedures in their supervision, including when providing supervision under reciprocal arrangements.
The Centre for Mental Health Learning, has prepared a document to guide further implementation of consistent approaches for reciprocal arrangements between Health Services, enabling more mental health clinicians to access a clinical supervisor. If you are an AMHS-employed clinician please ensure you read and abide by this document before applying to be listed on the database. For an accessible word version, click here.
The inclusion of a clinical supervisor in the database is not an endorsement of that supervisor by CMHL. Rather, the information contained in the database can be used by mental health allied health clinicians seeking clinical supervision to search for and select a supervisor. Allied health clinicians seeking clinical supervision are encouraged to contact potential supervisors directly for any further information or clarification needed in their search for a suitable supervisor.
For mental health allied health clinicians seeking a clinical supervisor click here to go to the database.
For clinical supervisors applying to be listed in the database click here to go to the form.
This database should only be used by people who are seeking a clinical supervisor. Using this database for other purposes (e.g. marketing or advertising) is not allowed.
- CMHL Introduction to clinical supervision for mental health clinicians e-learning module
- Victorian Allied Health Clinical Supervision Framework