Minimum inclusion criteria
Thank you for your interest in offering clinical supervision. This database is designed to assist mental health allied health clinicians to find a suitable clinical supervisor. Through wide consultation, the following criteria for eligibility to be on this database were developed.
- They have at least 3 years experience in a mental health-designated role
- They accept the underlying principles of the Victorian Allied Health Clinical Supervision Framework
- They have attended clinical supervision training or can demonstrate equivalent clinical supervision experience and expertise
- They currently receive consistent continuous clinical supervision, and this has been in place for a minimum of 1 year
- Registration or membership requirement:
- Disciplines regulated by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), require current AHPRA registration
- Social Workers must be members of or eligible for membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Other disciplines must be registered with or eligible to be registered with the National Alliance of Self-Regulating Health Professions (NASRHP)
Supervisors applying to be listed on the CMHL public database attest that they agree to abide by their own service’s policies and procedures in your supervision, including when providing supervision under reciprocal arrangements.
The Centre for Mental Health Learning, has prepared a document to guide further implementation of consistent approaches for reciprocal arrangements between Health Services, enabling more mental health clinicians to access a clinical supervisor. If you are an AMHS-employed clinician please ensure you read and abide by this document before applying to be listed on the database. For an accessible word version, click here.
At the end of the form, you will be asked to read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Most of the content you enter will be visible on your publicly accessible listing on this database. Please make sure the content provides evidence as to your eligibility to be included in the database.
On page 2 of this form, you will be asked for free text responses to the following. It may be worth preparing your responses to these fields before you start to complete the form. This is an opportunity to communicate in your own words to prospective supervisees about yourself and why you are making yourself available for clinical supervision provision. This will assist the supervisee in exploring the best fit for them, based on expertise, experience, values, interests, and communication and supervision styles.
- About me – Please describe your background in a paragraph or two. Noting your designation as well as years of experience.
- My experience – List here the designated mental health roles you have held. A minimum of 3 years in a designated mental health role is required.
- My current role/ work (optional) - Provide details of your current position to support supervisees' confidence in the relevance of your role to their work.
- My training – Specify any relevant training you have engaged in.
- My approach to supervision – Describe in a short paragraph or two the approach you take towards clinical supervision, your values as a supervisor, any methods or tools you use, why you are offering this service, what motivates you, and what you aim to provide.
Changes to details
If your circumstances change please email email@example.com to update your listing.
If you are at capacity but still want to be listed please email us as we can add “currently unavailability” to your listing.
Information in the database will be used in a de-identified form for the ongoing evaluation of the database.
Availability & delivery